In this post you are going to learn how to get BIG the natural way. We will talk about proper training, proper eating, and proper supplementation. We will learn how to go from skinny to jacked, from zero to hero, from little to BIG! We will assume the reader is skinny.
Let me tell you a little story about a guy I know. This guy is jacked. He spent 10 years in the gym daily. He looks exactly like the picture of Chuck Sipes (to the left). We were doing pull-ups in the gym one day when a guy and a girl came over to talk to us. The guy was running his mouth but the girl wasn’t saying anything, she was just staring at my buddy. I’ve never seen it before or since but I saw her get her little panties wet just by looking at my jacked friend. I saw the lust in her eyes, I saw it in the way she opened her mouth a little, in the way she slightly licked her lips, the way she spread her legs just a little bit more than they should be, in the way she almost imperceptibly thrusted her hips forward. She wet her panties just by looking at my friend. That’s the power of being jacked. That happened 5 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.
A natural trainer has two very solid years to put on maximum muscle size. Gains will be harder to come by after the first two years of training so in those two years it should be a fight to put on the most muscular weight. A skinny natural should be eating, eating and eating as if his life depended on it.
There are two types of skinny guys:
1) Lean Skinny – these types are rail thin but they have no body-fat. Their abs and musculature show all the time, even though they are toothpicks. These types have the best muscle building bodies because it’s very, very hard for them to gain any fat.
2) Skinny-Fat – these types are skinny but have no musculature to speak of. Even though they may be rail thin they usually have something of a fat gut. These guys will have a harder time building a ripped physique.
Why people are skinny:
Being skinny is a matter of not eating enough. Nearly 100% of skinny guys are not big eaters and they eat mostly carbohydrates. They do not eat much protein or fat. It’s impossible to be skinny when eating enough necessary food.
To get big there are two critical components:
Lifting BIG and Eating BIG.
If either are neglected you can expect to either A) Not get big or B) Get fat instead.
To get big one must eat big. The human body cannot grow without an excess of calories. Skinny trainers must be eating, eating, eating and eating some more. No ifs, ands or buts. No eating big = no getting big.
What to eat:
There are 3 macronutrients that make up all the food we eat.
1) Protein – Protein is what builds muscle. Without protein you cannot gain muscle. Not just any protein either. Animal protein is how one gets big. Vegetable proteins do not have the necessary amino acid profile to be utilized fully by the human body. This is one reason vegetarians look so pathetic and skinny. One cannot be healthy, fit or strong without animal protein.
Beef, Eggs, Tuna, Fish, Pork, Chicken, Duck, Lamb, Cottage Cheese
2) Fats – Fats are essential to getting big and muscular. Eating fat does not make you fat. Fat is ESSENTIAL for a natural trainer because fat builds our testosterone levels. Don’t eat fat + don’t take steroids = don’t get jacked. Steroid trainers don’t eat fat because they don’t need to build natural testosterone. When you see copies of their diet in muscle magazines what they never tell you is the insane amount of muscle building drugs they use. A natural trainer must eat fats. Vegetable fats like vegetable oil are junk. To build testosterone you need saturated animal fat.
Whole Eggs, Meats with the fat, Milk, Cottage Cheese, Butter
3) Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates are a must for getting big. Carbohydrates provide energy, they send water to the muscles, and they’re an easy way to consume extra calories. You cannot get big without eating carbohydrates.
Rice, Beans, Oatmeal, Bread, Fruits, Vegetables, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes
When to eat and how much to eat:
When trying to get big one must eat 4-6 smaller meals per day. A meal should be eaten every 3 hours. A skinny trainer must be eating all the time. You must eat protein with each meal. If there is no protein it isn’t a meal. A meal can be protein + fat, protein + carbohydrates, or protein + fats + carbohydrates but protein MUST be there.
Pick your favorite foods to eat. It really doesn’t matter what food it is as long as you get enough protein, fats and carbohydrates. Just eat and eat and eat.
3 solid meals should be consumed each day. More solid meals can be consumed if the trainer has the stomach for it. Liquid meals can replace meals 4-6 if the trainer so desires.